Zivtech, based in Downtown Philadelphia, PA, designs and builds innovative web applications, websites, and digital products, specializing in Open Source Software (OSS) solutions. We work with clients ranging from internet startups, to large non-profits and Fortune 500 companies, helping them leverage the many advantages of Open Source.
Zivtech is different. You will be more than a walking timecard here. Our values run deep, and "work/life balance" is more than a catchphrase to us. We know what it's like to be a hamster in the wheel at other agencies, and we are vigilantly opposite of that mentality. Zivtech is a place to grow, not to grind.
We are searching for a creative and thoughtful individual for a Director of Engineering position, who is passionate about design, user experience, branding, and technology. The ideal candidate will be comfortable as our thought-leader in this space - someone who loves people and the impact that beautiful design can have on their everyday lives.
- Help lead all aspects of Zivtech’s technical team and direction
- Serve as the technical lead on large and complex projects
- Web development, primarily in Drupal and other open source systems
- Collaborate with design and front-end engineering teams to ensure effectiveness and quality
- Main client-facing representative from the engineering team. Assist with client estimation, sales, and discovery processes
- Take part in our code review process (both reviewing the work of other developers and having your own work reviewed)
- Work with project managers to come up with creative and effective solutions to our client’s problems
- Help with Drupal community and other open source initiatives that are a priority for Zivtech
- Creating and updating documentation (both internal and publicly for our open source projects)
- Information architecture & project planning
- Staff development, including hiring staff and being the point of contact for technical contractors
- New technology evaluation and advocacy
- Being a point-of-contact for the engineering team to come up with ideas and approaches to issues
- Thought-leadership within the organization, on our website, and at industry events, trade shows, etc.
- 7+ years experience in CMS development, preferably Drupal but also WordPress
- Mastery of git, command line, and other DevOps tools
- Expert problem solver and technical innovator. Able to identify, understand, and implement viable new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills
Strong favor for candidates who:
- Have Drupal 7 & 8 development experience, with evidence on your drupal.org profile
- Contributed to open-source projects
- Server architecture experience and expertise in Server and DevOps tooling
- Experience with: Node.js, Angular/React/Vue, Kafka, Gatsby/Jekyll/Hugo, mongo.db/noSQL, and other programming languages and tools
- Have experience in an agency environment
- Experience with agile workflows, user acceptance testing, as well as automated testing
Besides Salary, this position includes Zivtech's standard benefits, which include
- 20 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Federal US Holidays Off (can be exchanged for other days)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- 10 Paid Days for Maternity/Paternity, with the option of additional unpaid time off
- Tax-Free transit allowance
- An open and casual work environment
- Access to a fully stocked refrigerator and kitchen
If you're interested in joining our thriving, growing business and doing cutting-edge work, please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and portfolio (no calls please). If you have been involved in Drupal or any other open source or design community in the past, please include a link to your work.
And please: NO RECRUITERS. NO CALLS.
PLEASE include salary requirements