Zivtech is seeking a full time software engineer to join our team. We are a six year old open source web development shop located in Center City, Philadelphia specializing in Drupal, Node.js, Sass, and a variety of complimentary open source software projects.
Zivtech designs and builds innovative websites, web applications, and infrastructure using best-of-breed Open Source Software (OSS) tools including Drupal, Node.js, and Sass. We work with clients ranging from internet startups, to large non-profits, to Fortune 500 companies, helping each leverage the many advantages Open Source offers.
How we work
We have a strong focus on maintaining a collaborative work environment and while most of our team members work out of our center city office, we also have remote staff that occasionally visit us in the office. We always try to maintain a fun and comfortable work environment and, while our work can be be intense at times, we try to maintain a healthy life-work balance. We have a constant focus on doing our work in the best way possible and we are always looking for new ways to up our game. We host a number of regular industry meetups at our office to support the local open source community, share our knowledge, and learn as much as we can.
Position responsibilities include:
- Building websites and web applications using Drupal and other open source software
- Assisting with client estimation and discovery processes
- Taking part in our code review process
- Keeping meticulous track of your time on a daily basis
- Contributing to project planning and scrum meetings
- Working with project managers and senior engineers to come up with creative and effective solutions to our client’s problems
- Helping with Drupal community and other open source initiatives that are a priority for Zivtech
- Creating and updating documentation
- Assisting on internal development projects
What we must see:
- A strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- An ability to communicate effectively about complex, technical, and detailed systems and subjects
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
What we would like to see:
- Experience working with a CMS to provide content and data driven websites
- Experience with Drupal (the more the better!), PHP, Sass, Node.js, Angular.js, Linux, Unix, or OOP in general
- A working knowledge of git
What we would love to see
- Contributions to open source projects (links please, perhaps to your github account?)
- Any kind of devops love
- 20 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Federal Holidays Off
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 10 Paid Days for Maternity/Paternity, with the option of additional unpaid time off
- Tax-Free transit allowance.
- Weekly professional development sessions.
- An open and casual work environment.
- Access to a fully stocked refrigerator and kitchen.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include links to their portfolio, blog, code references, LinkedIn profile, writing samples, and/or any code they have written or released that can demonstrate their knowledge and abilities.
And please: NO RECRUITERS. NO CALLS.