Zivtech, based in Philadelphia, PA, designs and builds innovative websites, web applications, and infrastructure using best-of-breed Open Source Software (OSS) like Drupal, Node.js, and React. We work with clients ranging from Internet startups, to large non-profits and Fortune 500 companies, helping them leverage the many advantages Open Source offers. We also have built and maintain several products, include Probo.CI and ApplyCycle.
Zivtech has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. Our team is passionate about building fast, cutting edge, and intuitive web applications and interfaces. We encourage the most forward-thinking techniques as we look for creative and practical solutions to the frontend challenges we face.
Zivtech is very interested in the diversity of our company, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, gender identities, and ages are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Work with project managers and senior engineers to come up with creative and effective solutions to our client’s problems
- Help lead and manage Zivtech's product practice
- Assist with client estimation and discovery processes
- Take part in code review
- Keep meticulous track time on a daily basis
- Contribute to project planning and meetings
- Help with Drupal, React, and other other open source initiatives that are a priority for Zivtech
- Creating and updating documentation (both internal and publicly for our open source projects)
- Assisting on internal development projects
What We Require
- A strong knowledge of git, npm, command line interfaces, and other web development tools
- Experience building responsive websites & native apps
- Ability to lead projects from conception through delivery and into support
- Strong desire to lead, teach, and inspire others
- High proficiency in debugging cross-browser rendering issues
- High proficiency in accessibility standards & requirements
- Expert problem solver and technical innovator. Able to identify, understand, and implement viable new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong CSS skills
What We’d Love
- Are strong in Node.js
- Building websites using Drupal or other open source software
- Experience speaking at events
- Have Drupal 7 & 8 theming experience
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with mobile development, such as React Native or mobile.js
- Contributed to open-source projects, especially JS projects
- Strong front-end prototyping skills for web and mobile
- Experience with other advanced JS frameworks like Vue & Angular
- Experience with server-side JS development, like node.js
- Experience with Gatsby or other "flat file" CMS'
- Experience with Sass, PostCSS, or other CSS processors
- Design experience (both software and visual)
- Experience working with a CMS to provide content and data driven websites
- An interest in open source software
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Experience with agile workflows
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with automated testing
Candidates are encouraged to work from our modern office beside City Hall in Center City Philadelphia. Zivtech will accept applications from exceptional candidates for remote / telecommuting employees from exceptional candidates.
If you're interested in joining our thriving, growing business and doing cutting-edge work, please reply to this job posting. Or email your resume, a cover letter or statement of purpose, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (no calls please). If you have been involved in Drupal or any other open source or design community in the past, please include a link to your work.