Are you fascinated by what motivates people? Do you enjoy navigating the intersection of humanity and technology? At Zivtech, we are passionate about crafting products that illuminate and empower. If this sounds intriguing to you, we’d like to talk.
Zivtech is searching for a Director of Experience Strategy, who will be responsible for the strategic direction and ongoing continuity for a wide range of clients and projects. This individual will also play a central role in Zivtech’s own brand and communications strategy.
There are five general areas of strategic engagement.
- Lead discovery efforts: review research, assess analytics, conduct site audits, review business strategies and marketing plans, etc.
- Work with client stakeholders to align on business objectives and requirements
- Define and document benchmarks, KPIs, and acceptance criteria so that they are usable and reference-able throughout the engagement
- Assist with quality control of artifacts to ensure they meet business requirements
- Identify emerging approaches, technologies, and solutions that could be leveraged to support the overarching business goals of the engagement
- Assist with discovery and gathering requirements around potential technical solutions, system integrations, etc.
- Determine research methodologies that yield useful and statistically significant results
- Lead various qualitative research engagements: usability testing, one-on-one interviews, group workshops, heuristic evaluations, competitor audits, surveys, card sorting exercises, workflow analysis, A/B testing, etc.
- Evaluate data and research findings; identify insights and opportunities
- Work closely with the Design team to apply insights to design concepts
- Conduct content audits and content inventories
- Create artifacts such as sitemaps, content models, page-level content hierarchies, architectural diagrams, reports, presentation materials, etc.
- Lead exercises focussed on content and information architecture: content workshops, surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Present insights, research findings, and other content strategy deliverables to both internal teams and client stakeholders
User Experience Design
- Create functional workflow and business process diagrams
- Create artifacts such as user personas, user journey maps, and user stories
- Create low fidelity wireframes with annotations
- Create wireframe prototypes to aid in usability testing
- Lead usability testing: methodologies, interviews, focus groups, workshops, etc.
- Serve as the firm’s SME in user experience strategy and design; participate in industry events, write blogs, be interviewed, general thought leadership, etc.
- Lead the internal communications strategy for Zivtech: brand positioning and messaging, content strategy, channel strategy, campaign concepting, etc.
- Along with the Creative Director, co-own Zivtech’s brand and messaging guidelines.
- Assist with quality control of sales and marketing collateral to ensure that artifacts support the firm's communications strategy and brand guidelines
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- Five to eight years of strategy experience at a creative agency, technology firm, business consultancy, or as a digital product owner
- Experience with the development of websites and an understanding of web development methodologies and technical innovations
- Working knowledge of content management systems and how they structure content
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Familiarity with standardized tools for demoing and prototyping UX artifacts
- Familiarity working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience working within Agile delivery models
- Have strong intuition and empathy for individuals
- Understanding of the principles of cognitive behavioral psychology
- Understanding of the principles of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Understanding of heuristics for user interface design
- Understanding of the basic principles and theory of information architecture
- Eagerness to contribute to a Kaizen-style corporate philosophy
Founded in 2008 and located in Center City, Philadelphia, Zivtech designs and builds innovative websites and applications using open source software. We work with clients ranging from startups, to large non-profits, to Fortune 500 corporations—helping them build products that drive their business forward.
Diversity and Inclusion
“Ziv” comes from the Hebrew word for radiant, and at Zivtech we want everyone’s best, most realized versions of themselves to shine through. Diversity is strength: it breeds fresh ideas, nuanced solutions, and prevents groupthink and other social-cognitive biases.
Diversity is a cornerstone of Zivtech’s mission statement— not just because it’s important in fostering the happiness of our employees, —but because it’s good business. In order to let everyone shine, we actively work as a committed group to make sure that no one’s voice is lost or ignored, no one’s experiences are discounted or assumed, and a constant conversation is ongoing about how we can improve and evolve as a team. At Zivtech you are seen, heard, and appreciated. We want you to feel comfortable enough to openly express what makes you you.
Zivtech is an equal opportunity employer. We offer equal opportunity to individuals of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Please include your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.